Jason Bateman has come aboard to narrate LEGO docu Beyond The Brick: A LEGO Brickumentary, which will make its debut this month at the Tribeca Film Festival. Pic, from Oscar-winning director Daniel Junge (Saving Face) and Oscar-nominated helmer Kief Davidson (Open Heart), is the first official LEGO documentary and tracks the globally popular toy line, as well as the community of fans that have loved them for generations. Bateman recently starred in and directed comedy Bad Words and also pulls narrator duty on NBC sitcom Growing Up Fisher. Submarine is repping domestic sales on the Lego “brickumentary” while financier GEM Pictures handles international rights, using a distribution system that allows publicly listed companies to buy film rights using shares instead of cash. Beyond the Brick premieres April 20 at Tribeca.
Tribeca: Jason Bateman To Narrate LEGO Docu ‘Beyond The Brick’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts