Jason Bateman has come aboard to narrate LEGO docu Beyond The Brick: A LEGO Brickumentary, which will make its debut this month at the Tribeca Film Festival. Pic, from Oscar-winning director Daniel Junge (Saving Face) and Oscar-nominated helmer Kief Davidson (Open Heart), is the first official LEGO documentary and tracks the globally popular toy line, as well as the community of fans that have loved them for generations. Bateman recently starred in and directed comedy Bad Words and also pulls narrator duty on NBC sitcom Growing Up Fisher. Submarine is repping domestic sales on the Lego “brickumentary” while financier GEM Pictures handles international rights, using a distribution system that allows publicly listed companies to buy film rights using shares instead of cash. Beyond the Brick premieres April 20 at Tribeca.
Tribeca: Jason Bateman To Narrate LEGO Docu ‘Beyond The Brick’
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First