EXCLUSIVE: Jackie Earle Haley, who has made the most of a second career wind since his Oscar-nominated turn in Little Children, has made it to the directing chair. He’ll make his feature debut on Criminal Activities, an indie crime drama that stars John Travolta, Michael Pitt, Dan Stevens and Rebecca Da Costa. Haley will also appear in the film. Pic is about four young guys who reunite at an ex-classmate’s funeral. One mentions to the others inside information on a stock that is a guaranteed lock to make them instant millionaires. Unfortunately, the deal goes south along with their investment. Things go from bad to worse: one of them borrowed his share of the money from a mobster. The film is a co-production between Capacity Pictures, Phoenix Rising Motion Pictures and Producer Capital Fund, and Wayne Rice, Howard Burd and Micah Sparks are producing. Mark Johnson, Warren Ostergard and Daniel Diamond are exec producers. The film will commence principal photography in Cleveland on June 1, and Diamond Pictures will sell international rights.
Jackie Earle Haley To Helm ‘Criminal Activities’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'
- Toronto: Magnolia, CNN Films Buys 'Sunshine Superman'
- Toronto: Second Jennifer Aniston Pic Catches Buzz North Of The Border
- Richard Linklater Setting Lineup Card For Baseball Movie