EXCLUSIVE: Jackie Earle Haley, who has made the most of a second career wind since his Oscar-nominated turn in Little Children, has made it to the directing chair. He’ll make his feature debut on Criminal Activities, an indie crime drama that stars John Travolta, Michael Pitt, Dan Stevens and Rebecca Da Costa. Haley will also appear in the film. Pic is about four young guys who reunite at an ex-classmate’s funeral. One mentions to the others inside information on a stock that is a guaranteed lock to make them instant millionaires. Unfortunately, the deal goes south along with their investment. Things go from bad to worse: one of them borrowed his share of the money from a mobster. The film is a co-production between Capacity Pictures, Phoenix Rising Motion Pictures and Producer Capital Fund, and Wayne Rice, Howard Burd and Micah Sparks are producing. Mark Johnson, Warren Ostergard and Daniel Diamond are exec producers. The film will commence principal photography in Cleveland on June 1, and Diamond Pictures will sell international rights.
Jackie Earle Haley To Helm ‘Criminal Activities’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount