ION Television has acquired series Rookie Blue from the Disney-ABC Television Group. The Canadian police drama has been airing in the U.S. on ABC where the most recent fourth season averaged 7.0 million total viewers, up 13% from season 3. Season 5 premieres on ABC in June. The series, about the personal and professional lives of five rookie cops, will make its debut on ION this fall. It will join two other Canadian drama procedurals that started their U.S. run on another broadcast network before becoming ION originals, Flashpoint and The Listener. Rookie Blue is a production of IFC Films and Entertainment One, who also distributes the series internationally.
ION Acquires Off-Network Rights To ‘Rookie Blue’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' On West Coast
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race