ION Television has acquired series Rookie Blue from the Disney-ABC Television Group. The Canadian police drama has been airing in the U.S. on ABC where the most recent fourth season averaged 7.0 million total viewers, up 13% from season 3. Season 5 premieres on ABC in June. The series, about the personal and professional lives of five rookie cops, will make its debut on ION this fall. It will join two other Canadian drama procedurals that started their U.S. run on another broadcast network before becoming ION originals, Flashpoint and The Listener. Rookie Blue is a production of IFC Films and Entertainment One, who also distributes the series internationally.
ION Acquires Off-Network Rights To ‘Rookie Blue’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- NBC Buys Cop Family Drama From Nkechi Carroll & Matt Reeves As Put Pilot
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Fox Nabs ‘Ghosted’ Comedy Starring Craig Robinson & Adam Scott From Tom Gormican With Production Commitment
- Viceland Enters Late Night With ‘Desus & Mero’, Orders Tyler the Creator Series, Renews ‘Huang’s World…
- ‘Ice’: Audrey Marie Anderson Joins Antoine Fuqua’s Audience Drama Series
- Issa Rae Inks First-Look Deal With HBO