ION Television has acquired series Rookie Blue from the Disney-ABC Television Group. The Canadian police drama has been airing in the U.S. on ABC where the most recent fourth season averaged 7.0 million total viewers, up 13% from season 3. Season 5 premieres on ABC in June. The series, about the personal and professional lives of five rookie cops, will make its debut on ION this fall. It will join two other Canadian drama procedurals that started their U.S. run on another broadcast network before becoming ION originals, Flashpoint and The Listener. Rookie Blue is a production of IFC Films and Entertainment One, who also distributes the series internationally.
ION Acquires Off-Network Rights To ‘Rookie Blue’
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done
- TV Academy Reclassifies Variety Special Emmy Categories; Splits Some Costume, Directing & Sound Editing Fields
- White House: Those Calling Trump’s Tweet Harassment Have Minds “In Gutter”
- ‘The Punisher’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- ‘City On A Hill’: Jill Hennessy Among Four Regulars Cast In Ben Affleck & Matt Damon's Showtime Drama Pilot