EXCLUSIVE: Welsh thesp Ioan Gruffudd is set to join Dwayne Johnson and Carla Gugino in New Line’s disaster actioner San Andreas. Johnson stars as a former Special Ops firefighter scouring a post-quake California for his ex-wife and daughter. Fantastic Four star Gruffudd will play Daniel Reddick, a wealthy real estate developer who’s engaged to Johnson’s ex-wife (Gugino). Alexandra Daddario is aboard as the daughter with Arrow‘s Colton Haynes also cast. Brad Peyton is at the helm of the Warner Bros and Village Roadshow co-financed co-production, which begins filming in Australia in June and hits theaters in Summer 2015. Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson are producing and Rob Cowan is exec producer. Gruffudd recently wrapped feature Home Invasion and ABC and WB’s pilot Forever. He’s repped by ICM Partners, Framework Entertainment, and Nelson Davis.
Ioan Gruffudd Heads For ‘San Andreas’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Yamato
- Michael Ealy To Star In 'A Civil Right' For Revolution Media
- Aussie Diesel Schwarze Plots 'Ziggy' With Dane DeHaan And Rooney Mara
- MGM Quietly Revives Orion Pictures
- Pantelion's 'Cantinflas' Tapped As Mexico's Foreign-Language Oscar Submission
- Elizabeth Olsen Joins Tom Hiddleston In Hank Williams Biopic 'I Saw The Light'
- Hot Trailer: Netflix's 3D Printing Docu 'Print The Legend'