EXCLUSIVE: Welsh thesp Ioan Gruffudd is set to join Dwayne Johnson and Carla Gugino in New Line’s disaster actioner San Andreas. Johnson stars as a former Special Ops firefighter scouring a post-quake California for his ex-wife and daughter. Fantastic Four star Gruffudd will play Daniel Reddick, a wealthy real estate developer who’s engaged to Johnson’s ex-wife (Gugino). Alexandra Daddario is aboard as the daughter with Arrow‘s Colton Haynes also cast. Brad Peyton is at the helm of the Warner Bros and Village Roadshow co-financed co-production, which begins filming in Australia in June and hits theaters in Summer 2015. Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson are producing and Rob Cowan is exec producer. Gruffudd recently wrapped feature Home Invasion and ABC and WB’s pilot Forever. He’s repped by ICM Partners, Framework Entertainment, and Nelson Davis.
Ioan Gruffudd Heads For ‘San Andreas’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?