EXCLUSIVE: Welsh thesp Ioan Gruffudd is set to join Dwayne Johnson and Carla Gugino in New Line’s disaster actioner San Andreas. Johnson stars as a former Special Ops firefighter scouring a post-quake California for his ex-wife and daughter. Fantastic Four star Gruffudd will play Daniel Reddick, a wealthy real estate developer who’s engaged to Johnson’s ex-wife (Gugino). Alexandra Daddario is aboard as the daughter with Arrow‘s Colton Haynes also cast. Brad Peyton is at the helm of the Warner Bros and Village Roadshow co-financed co-production, which begins filming in Australia in June and hits theaters in Summer 2015. Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson are producing and Rob Cowan is exec producer. Gruffudd recently wrapped feature Home Invasion and ABC and WB’s pilot Forever. He’s repped by ICM Partners, Framework Entertainment, and Nelson Davis.
Ioan Gruffudd Heads For ‘San Andreas’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band ‘The Boss’ Trailer
- Voltage Scares Berlin With Vang Brothers’ Bogeyman Title ‘Bedeviled’
- Margot Robbie To Star In Vaughn Stein’s ‘Terminal’; Highland Film Group Financing & Selling – Berlin
- FilmBuff Acquires ‘Thank You For Playing’ Docu About Creation Of ‘That Dragon, Cancer’ Video Game
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Emily Blunt Saddles Up For ‘My Little Pony’