EXCLUSIVE: Domestic rights to Home, the thriller from writer-director Nicholas McCarthy (The Pact), have been acquired by IFC Midnight following the pic’s premiere last month at SXSW. The Midnight selection stars Naya Rivera (Glee), Catalina Sandino Moreno, Ashley Rickards (Awkward), Wyatt Russell and Ava Acres in the story of an ambitious real estate agent (Moreno) who’s selling a house with a checkered past. When she tries to help the runaway daughter of the property’s owners, she and her sister (Rivera) cross paths with a sinister supernatural force. IFC Midnight will release Home in theaters and on VOD this year. Sonny Mallhi’s Candlewood Entertainment financed the film – its first feature – which was exec produced by Gina Resnick, Kyle Heller, and Jeremy Platt. Nate Bolotin of XYZ Films, Bec Smith of UTA Independent Film Group and by IFC’s Sean Berney negotiated the deal. XYZ Films is also handling international sales and have already sold rights in the UK (The Works) and France, Germany, and Spain (Wild Bunch).
IFC Midnight Nabs SXSW Midnighter ‘Home’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney