EXCLUSIVE: Domestic rights to Home, the thriller from writer-director Nicholas McCarthy (The Pact), have been acquired by IFC Midnight following the pic’s premiere last month at SXSW. The Midnight selection stars Naya Rivera (Glee), Catalina Sandino Moreno, Ashley Rickards (Awkward), Wyatt Russell and Ava Acres in the story of an ambitious real estate agent (Moreno) who’s selling a house with a checkered past. When she tries to help the runaway daughter of the property’s owners, she and her sister (Rivera) cross paths with a sinister supernatural force. IFC Midnight will release Home in theaters and on VOD this year. Sonny Mallhi’s Candlewood Entertainment financed the film – its first feature – which was exec produced by Gina Resnick, Kyle Heller, and Jeremy Platt. Nate Bolotin of XYZ Films, Bec Smith of UTA Independent Film Group and by IFC’s Sean Berney negotiated the deal. XYZ Films is also handling international sales and have already sold rights in the UK (The Works) and France, Germany, and Spain (Wild Bunch).
IFC Midnight Nabs SXSW Midnighter ‘Home’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- UPDATE: Fox Home Entertainment & 'Sleepy Hollow' Marketer Apologize For “Headless Day” Promo After Beheading Of Second U.S…
- Abortionist Pic 'Gosnell' Hires 'True Crime' Writer To Script
- MMA Pastor Doc 'Fight Church' Inks Distribution, Morgan Spurlock TV Deal
- Alex Kurtzman's Secret Hideout Inks 3-Year Universal Deal
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'