EXCLUSIVE: For his latest project, documentary filmmaker Brent Hodge turned his lens on a cult subculture of My Little Pony fans known as “Bronies”: men ages 13 to 30 who are obsessed with the Hasbro animation and toy franchise about magical talking horses that was created in the early 1980s and marketed to young girls. A Brony Tale, premiering April 26 at the Tribeca Film Festival, tracks the phenomenon through the eyes of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic voice artist Ashleigh Ball, who embarks on her first trip to meet legions of Brony fans at the annual BronyCon. Check out the trailer and peek into the world of the Brony exclusively on Deadline:
Hot Tribeca Trailer: ‘A Brony Tale’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32M To $33M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps To $13.2M; 'Where I Leave You' No. 3
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- Hot Fantastic Fest Trailer: 'Felt'
- Pauly Shore Documentary Acquired By Showtime
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'