EXCLUSIVE: For his latest project, documentary filmmaker Brent Hodge turned his lens on a cult subculture of My Little Pony fans known as “Bronies”: men ages 13 to 30 who are obsessed with the Hasbro animation and toy franchise about magical talking horses that was created in the early 1980s and marketed to young girls. A Brony Tale, premiering April 26 at the Tribeca Film Festival, tracks the phenomenon through the eyes of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic voice artist Ashleigh Ball, who embarks on her first trip to meet legions of Brony fans at the annual BronyCon. Check out the trailer and peek into the world of the Brony exclusively on Deadline:
Hot Tribeca Trailer: ‘A Brony Tale’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'