EXCLUSIVE: For his latest project, documentary filmmaker Brent Hodge turned his lens on a cult subculture of My Little Pony fans known as “Bronies”: men ages 13 to 30 who are obsessed with the Hasbro animation and toy franchise about magical talking horses that was created in the early 1980s and marketed to young girls. A Brony Tale, premiering April 26 at the Tribeca Film Festival, tracks the phenomenon through the eyes of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic voice artist Ashleigh Ball, who embarks on her first trip to meet legions of Brony fans at the annual BronyCon. Check out the trailer and peek into the world of the Brony exclusively on Deadline:
Hot Tribeca Trailer: ‘A Brony Tale’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'
- SXSW 2015 Sets Mark Duplass Keynote, First Wave Of Film Panels
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer Heads To 'The Forest'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME