EXCLUSIVE: Who Is Dayani Cristal? opened the World Cinema Documentary section at last year’s Sundance Film Festival and won that year’s cinematography award. Focusing on the death of migrant workers in the Sonora desert, the film follows a team from the Pima County Morgue in Arizona as they try to identify a man who died trying to enter the U.S. through that dangerous path. Mexican actor and activist Gael Garcia Bernal investigates the life of the immigrant, known as Dayani Cristal, retracing the man’s harrowing journey along the migrant trail in Central America. Marc Silver directs. Bernal also produces with Lucas Ochoa and Thomas Benski. The pic is set to bow on April 25 in NYC and will expand nationwide in the following weeks. Check out the trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Who Is Dayani Cristal?’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa