Young filmmaker Desiree Akhavan and newcomer Peter Mark Kendall have been added to the fourth season of HBO comedy Girls as recurring. I hear they will play fellow students in the writing program Hannah (Lena Dunham) attends. Iranian American Akhavan shares the same filmmaker-actress pedigree as Girls creator and star Dunham. She directed and stars in her debut feature Appropriate Behavior, which premiered at Sundance, with an acquisition deal pending. Akhavan also is the co-creator and star of web comedy series The Slope and is in production on The Origin Of Shame, an animated series for Judy McGrath’s site Astronauts Wanted. She recently signed with UTA. Since graduating last year, Kendall, repped by Abrams Artists & AC Management, has landed a guest-starring role on another HBO series, the upcoming The Leftovers, a potentially recurring role in the TNT pilot Public Morals and a featured role in the film Time Out Of Mind.
Desiree Akhavan & Peter Mark Kendall Join HBO’s ‘Girls’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
- Ex-IM Global Founder Stuart Ford Launches New Content Creator AGC Studios
- Showtime Developing Biotech Marital Triller Drama ‘Chemistry’ Based On British Miniseries ‘The Politician’s Husband…
- Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
- ‘Scandal: Michael O’Neill Set To Recur On Final Season Of ABC Drama
- ABC’s ‘World News Tonight’ Wins Olympics Week In Total Viewers; ‘NBC Nightly News…