ABC’s Good Morning America news anchor announced in November that she’d been diagnosed with breast cancer after undergoing a mammogram live on the air, and said she planned to undergo a bilateral mastectomy. This morning on the show she announced, “Today marks my eighth and final round of chemotherapy…This is my final treatment. The doctors say I graduate today,” Amy Robach, 40, said in a taped piece that aired this morning on the show:
‘GMA’s Amy Robach, Diagnosed With Breast Cancer After Televised Mammogram, Announces Final Chemo Treatment: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'