EXCLUSIVE: Gemfilms and Hole in One Productions have tapped Need for Speed writer George Gatins to script faith-based tale Golfing for God, adapted from the book Golfing for God: A Novel of Heaven and Earth by Roland Merullo. Story tracks ex-golfing pro Hank Fins-Winston, who travels back to Earth from Heaven accompanying God, in the form of a 35-year-old woman, to help Her boost her golf game and is called upon to resolve his own unfinished business. Meg Montagnino-Jarrett, Peter Sobiloff, Andy Zolot and Kerry Orent are producing for Gemfilms/Hole in One Productions. Gatins is coming off the automotive racing pic Need for Speed starring Aaron Paul and exec produced 2010’s She’s Out Of My League. He’s repped by UTA and attorney Fred Toczek. Murello is repped by Lynne Pleshette. The deal was negotiated by Peter Nichols of Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler & Feldman on behalf of the producers.
‘Need For Speed’ Scribe George Gatins To Adapt ‘Golfing With God’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title and Focus Features
- Imax Shares Leap As It Announces Hong Kong IPO Plan
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal