EXCLUSIVE: Ed Perkins’ documentary Garnet’s Gold has some serious pedigree — it’s from producer Simon Chinn, who won Best Documentary Feature Oscars for James Marsh’s Man On Wire in 2009 and for Searching For Sugar Man in 2013. Both of those riviting docus scored because of their laser focus on what made their subjects tick. That is the plan here with Garnet’s Gold, which has its world premiere tomorrow at the Tribeca Film Festival. The pic tells the story of Garnet Frost, who, 20 years ago, nearly died hiking by Scotland’s Loch Arkaig, surviving by sheer chance. His brush with death has lingered with him for years, particularly the wooden staff he discovered right before he was rescued. After much research, Garnet is convinced the staff is actually a marker for a fortune hidden nearly 300 years ago, and he returns to the wilderness in search of it. Of course he ends up searching for much more than just gold. Check out the trailer here:
Hot Tribeca Trailer: ‘Garnet’s Gold’ From Docu Meister Simon Chinn
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'