30 Rock alum Tracy Morgan is returning to primetime. I hear FXX has given a straight-to-series order to a comedy series starring Morgan, from It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia creators Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton and Sunny writer Luvh Rakhe. This is a brand new concept, which is yet to be fleshed out, unrelated to Death Pact, the comedy pilot FX recently produced, from writers Rob Long and Tad Safran, which starred Morgan as a formerly lazy, pot-dealing assistant high school coach who returns to his hometown as a decorated war hero. I hear FX approached McElhenney, Day and Howerton about working with Morgan in January, with the discussions leading to the new series. While there had been no formal pass on Death Pact, some cast members already have booked new gigs.
FXX Orders Tracy Morgan Comedy Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over