30 Rock alum Tracy Morgan is returning to primetime. I hear FXX has given a straight-to-series order to a comedy series starring Morgan, from It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia creators Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton and Sunny writer Luvh Rakhe. This is a brand new concept, which is yet to be fleshed out, unrelated to Death Pact, the comedy pilot FX recently produced, from writers Rob Long and Tad Safran, which starred Morgan as a formerly lazy, pot-dealing assistant high school coach who returns to his hometown as a decorated war hero. I hear FX approached McElhenney, Day and Howerton about working with Morgan in January, with the discussions leading to the new series. While there had been no formal pass on Death Pact, some cast members already have booked new gigs.
FXX Orders Tracy Morgan Comedy Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'
- President Obama To Make Final ‘The Daily Show’ Appearance As President Next Week
- CAA Exploring TV Scripted Operation With Former ABC Boss Paul Lee