For those who can’t wait to watch that guy jump from the top of Mount Everest on live TV next month, Discovery has a way to get you even more pumped up. The channel that will air Joby Ogwyn’s wing-suit leap from the world’s highest peak will broadcast five nights of live programs from his base camp in the lead-up to the stunt. Hosted by Kyle Martino and Chris Jacobs, Everest: Live From Base Camp will offer behind-the-scenes looks at what Discovery calls “the most challenging and complicated live broadcast ever attempted.” Starting on May 5 — weather permitting, Discovery notes — Live From Base Camp will look in on Ogwyn as he prepares for his leap, give updates on atmospheric conditions and offer interviews with medics, Sherpas and other climbers. Ex-soccer pro Martino and TV hosting veteran Jacobs will begin their ascent of the mountain next week. “These nightly live programs will give viewers a chance to see what it’s like to actually be at Everest Base Camp – not just for Joby but for all those who contribute to Everest’s unique culture,” said Eileen O’Neill, Group President of Discovery, Science and Velocity Networks. NBC News’ Peacock Productions is producing the shows.
Discovery Channel Preps For Big Leap With 5 Nights Of ‘Everest: Live From Base Camp’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'