Entertainment One will continue to distribute The Weinstein Co‘s feature films in Canada through December 31, 2019 under an extended output deal. Following its acquisition of rival Alliance Films last year, eOne released TWC titles including Django Unchained, Silver Linings Playbook and The Butler across all media in the territory. Upcoming titles include Paddington, St Vincent De Van Nuys, The Giver and The Railway Man. The new agreement also includes Radius-TWC’s premium VOD slate in Canada. EOne has about 23% of the local market and a series of 10 output deals with U.S. indies whose films make up roughly half of its annual slate. Nelson Kuo-Lee, Richard Rapkowski and Patrice Théroux brokered the TWC extension for eOne with David Glasser, Irwin Reiter and Andy Kim for TWC.
EOne & The Weinstein Co Renew Output Deal In Canada
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest
- Protagonist Makes Key Hires; Kickstarts U.S. Production/Acquisition Activities