Independent TV and digital production company Endemol has tapped Gal Zaid as Director of Comedy and Drama of Endemol Israel as the division teams with Endemol North America to develop new original scripted TV, with an eye toward potential U.S. adaptations. Zaid (Prisoners Of War, Hostages) previously served as Director of Drama at Channel 10 and Keshet. He’ll oversee all scripted content for Endemol Israel, facilitate its partnership with Endemol’s LA branch, and work in tandem with Endemol U.S. Said CEO of Endemol Israel Elad Kuperman: “Gal is responsible for some of the most successful and exciting scripted series to come out of Israel and we are thrilled to have him join us in this key role.” Last week Endemol struck a first-look deal with London-based Origin Pictures and acquired UK production shingle Artists Studio as part of its drive for more original scripted TV. Upcoming Endemol Israel series include crowdfunding show Fundastic.
Endemol Israel & Endemol North America Pact On Scripted TV; Gal Zaid Named Director Of Comedy & Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA