The six-episode series — Ellen DeGeneres‘ first on cable television — is titled Ellen’s Design Challenge and scheduled to premiere in 2015. It will feature six contestants tasked with designing and building furniture in 24 hours with the help of a carpenter. There also will be a six-part online companion series. “I’m so excited about this show because I love finding really special pieces of furniture,” DeGeneres said. “One time I found a beautiful one-of-a-kind armoire that spoke to me in a way I’d never experienced. It turned out there was a drifter living inside of it, but that’s a story for another time.” DeGeneres’ production company, A Very Good Production, is producing with A. Smith & Co. in association with Telepictures, a division of Warner Bros. TV where DeGeneres’ company is based. Executive producers are DeGeneres, Jeff Kleeman of A Very Good Production, and Arthur Smith, Kent Weed and Jay Bienstock of A. Smith & Co.
Ellen DeGeneres To Produce Design Competition Series For HGTV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips