El Rey Network has begun production on eight hourlong episodes of Cutting Crew, the network’s first unscripted original series. It has been been set to premiere in the fall. The series centers on award-winning barber Amit Corso and his raucous team at their shop on the outskirts of Philadelphia, where they execute cutting-edge cuts while finding plenty of time to bicker, debate and joke around. Production kickoff comes on the heels of El Rey’s success launching its first original scripted series, From Dusk Till Dawn, which was picked up for a second season last month two weeks after it bowed. (The network’s second scripted series, the Roberto Orci- and Alex Kurtzman-scripted Matador, is in production for a July bow after the World Cup.) Cutting Crew is produced by BIG VIDA Entertainment for El Rey Network. Sergio Alfaro, Flavio Morales, John Ehrhard and FactoryMade Ventures executive produce with El Rey co-founders John Fogelman and Cristina Patwa.
El Rey Network Launches First Unscripted Series ‘Cutting Crew’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney