El Rey Network has begun production on eight hourlong episodes of Cutting Crew, the network’s first unscripted original series. It has been been set to premiere in the fall. The series centers on award-winning barber Amit Corso and his raucous team at their shop on the outskirts of Philadelphia, where they execute cutting-edge cuts while finding plenty of time to bicker, debate and joke around. Production kickoff comes on the heels of El Rey’s success launching its first original scripted series, From Dusk Till Dawn, which was picked up for a second season last month two weeks after it bowed. (The network’s second scripted series, the Roberto Orci- and Alex Kurtzman-scripted Matador, is in production for a July bow after the World Cup.) Cutting Crew is produced by BIG VIDA Entertainment for El Rey Network. Sergio Alfaro, Flavio Morales, John Ehrhard and FactoryMade Ventures executive produce with El Rey co-founders John Fogelman and Cristina Patwa.
El Rey Network Launches First Unscripted Series ‘Cutting Crew’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'