Hell On Wheels alumna Dominique McElligott is set for a starring role in ABC’s 10-episode drama series The Astronaut Wives Club, from Fake Empire, Groundswell Productions and ABC Studios. Written by Stephanie Savage based on Lily Koppel’s non-fiction book and directed by Nick Cassavetes, it tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. CAA-repped McElligott will play Louise Shepard, a real life “Sabrina” whose father was the head of maintenance at the Duponts’ Longwood Gardens estate. She struggles to uphold her “perfect” image and her complicated marriage once her husband Alan becomes the first American in space. Louise and Alan had one of the few marriages that survived the space program, staying together for 53 years. Originally scheduled to launch this summer, the series was recently pushed to midseason as its scope has been expanded from covering only the wives of the astronauts from the Mercury missions to also including the Gemini and Apollo missions, which also are profiled in the book.
Dominique McElligott To Star In ABC’s ‘The Astronaut Wives Club’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest TV News
- Men Earn 18.9% More Than Women At BBC Worldwide Following Gender Pay Audit
- Sky Reveals Men Earn 11.5% More Than Women As Pay-TV Firm Publishes UK Gender Pay Gap Figures
- Cécile Frot-Coutaz Exiting As CEO Of FremantleMedia To Head YouTube In Europe
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?