Hell On Wheels alumna Dominique McElligott is set for a starring role in ABC’s 10-episode drama series The Astronaut Wives Club, from Fake Empire, Groundswell Productions and ABC Studios. Written by Stephanie Savage based on Lily Koppel’s non-fiction book and directed by Nick Cassavetes, it tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. CAA-repped McElligott will play Louise Shepard, a real life “Sabrina” whose father was the head of maintenance at the Duponts’ Longwood Gardens estate. She struggles to uphold her “perfect” image and her complicated marriage once her husband Alan becomes the first American in space. Louise and Alan had one of the few marriages that survived the space program, staying together for 53 years. Originally scheduled to launch this summer, the series was recently pushed to midseason as its scope has been expanded from covering only the wives of the astronauts from the Mercury missions to also including the Gemini and Apollo missions, which also are profiled in the book.
Dominique McElligott To Star In ABC’s ‘The Astronaut Wives Club’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History