Hell On Wheels alumna Dominique McElligott is set for a starring role in ABC’s 10-episode drama series The Astronaut Wives Club, from Fake Empire, Groundswell Productions and ABC Studios. Written by Stephanie Savage based on Lily Koppel’s non-fiction book and directed by Nick Cassavetes, it tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. CAA-repped McElligott will play Louise Shepard, a real life “Sabrina” whose father was the head of maintenance at the Duponts’ Longwood Gardens estate. She struggles to uphold her “perfect” image and her complicated marriage once her husband Alan becomes the first American in space. Louise and Alan had one of the few marriages that survived the space program, staying together for 53 years. Originally scheduled to launch this summer, the series was recently pushed to midseason as its scope has been expanded from covering only the wives of the astronauts from the Mercury missions to also including the Gemini and Apollo missions, which also are profiled in the book.
Dominique McElligott To Star In ABC’s ‘The Astronaut Wives Club’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer
- ‘Bonus Family’ Comedy Based On Swedish Format Set At NBC From Mandeville TV
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur