Steven Swain, formerly a vice president of Dish’s Corporate Finance Group, is being promoted to senior vice president in charge of the network’s Programming Group. Swain will report directly to CEO Joseph Clayton. In his new role, Swain will be responsible for the acquisition and renewal of programming content, including national network and cable channels, Latino content, local broadcast stations and premium services such as HBO, Showtime and Starz. Before joining Dish in 2011 as VP of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis, Swain spent 10 years at CenturyLink (formerly Qwest Communications) where he served in multiple leadership roles in that company’s Finance and Network Engineering organizations. Dish also announced today that EVP and CCO David Shull will begin a six-month leave of absence May 31 to assist with the care of a family member. During that time Shull’s team also will report to Clayton.
Dish Network Ups Steven Swain To SVP
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'