More than two dozen network-affiliated Hearst Television stations went dark on the satcaster tonight after the sides hit a wall in their retransmission talks. Dish Network‘s carriage deal with Hearst TV expired March 1, but the parties had extended the deadline to tonight at 7 PM Pacific. The blackout affects more than two dozen Hearst stations including ABC affil WCVB in Boston, the nation’s No. 7 TV market, and outlets in top 25 markets Sacramento, Pittsburgh and Tampa, FL. It comes the same day that the Weather Channel and satellite giant DirecTV settled their carriage dispute and seven months after Time Warner Cable and CBS settled their bitter retrans fight.
Hearst Television Stations Blacked Out On Dish Network In Latest Retrans Tiff
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel' To Discuss Link Between NFL Head Injuries, Domestic Violence: Video
- Ellen DeGeneres Clocks Biggest Opening Week Yet For Her Daytime Talk Show
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz