Apollo 13 meets Here Comes Honey Boo Boo? Hard to say yet what might come from the venture, called New Form, that unites the Hollywood creative team — plus lawyer Craig Jacobson, TV exec Ed Wilson, agent Jim Wiatt, film exec Michael Rosenberg and CAA — with pay TV’s leading producer of non-fiction programming. There’s no word on terms of the arrangements, including how much cash is behind New Form. Kathleen Grace will be chief creative officer of the LA-based operation. Her mission, the companies say, is to develop “high-quality, scripted and unscripted programming for today’s digital viewers” — and to create alliances with “key distribution partners and brands.” Digital productions typically have low budgets, and generate low revenues on the Internet, but the ones from New Form have a “possibility of expanded distribution across Discovery and partner platforms globally.” The announcement comes ahead of Discovery’s upfront presentation today in NYC, where Ron Howard will appear to introduce the digital JV. “By investing with Discovery, New Form is poised to re-imagine storytelling and reach new audiences online and beyond,” he says.
Discovery Teams With Ron Howard And Brian Grazer To Create Digital Studio
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Business News
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- LaVar Ball Denies Trump Helped Free Son LiAngelo From China Shoplifting Charges
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks