Dimension Films has acquired N.A. rights to 47 Meters Down, a thriller set at the bottom of the ocean about two sisters trapped in an undersea observation cage who must survive a dwindling oxygen supply and the hungry great whites circling nearby. The contained two-hander is being touted as “Gravity, but underwater.” Copy that. Pic will be directed by Johannes Roberts (Storage 24) with Mark Lane and James Harris producing for their The Tea Shop and Film Company. Dimension’s Matthew Signer, Keith Levine, and Robert Walak are overseeing for the studio. Roberts is repped by WME. Walak and Michal Steinberg negotiated the deal with Altitude Film Sales’ Mike Runagall on behalf of the filmmakers. Altitude is repping worldwide sales.
Dimension Boards Underwater Thriller ‘47 Meters Down’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- John Carpenter Q&A: Why 'Halloween' Didn't Need Sequels & What Scares The Master Of Horror
- 'Midnight Rider': New Photos Show Crew On Train Tracks Before Sarah Jones Death
- 'Riddick's David Twohy To Direct Relativity Sci-Fier 'Replay'
- Blood List Names 'Bird Box' Best 2014 Genre Script; Adds Pilots, Books
- Robin Williams' Final Film 'Boulevard' AFM-Bound; Pair Join Catherine Zeta-Jones' 'Godmother'; More
- Trick Or Treat? 'Tales Of Halloween' Horror Anthology Taps Neil Marshall, Darren Bousman & More – AFM