Eric Hill, one of the contestants on the upcoming season of ABC‘s The Bachelorette, has died as a result of injuries sustained in a paragliding accident over the weekend that was not part of the show. By then, Hill had completed filming The Bachelorette, presumably after being eliminated, so his death won’t impact the outcome of the show but it is expected to be addressed on the new season, which premieres May 19. “We are deeply saddened to hear about the tragic passing of our friend, Eric Hill,” The Bachelorette producers said in a statement. “Eric inspired us every day with his passion, his courage and his adventurous spirit, and for that we are very thankful. On behalf of our cast, crew and producers, we send our love, our thoughts and our prayers to Eric’s family during this difficult time.”
Contestant On New Season Of ‘The Bachelorette’ Dies In Accident
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Fertility Workplace Comedy From Annie Neal & Doug Robinson
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Fox Buys 2 Projects From Lee Daniels: Gospel Choir Drama As Put Pilot & Multi-Racial Soap With Penalty
- James Corden Regrets His Kiss With Sean Spicer; Promises It Was A “One-Time Thing”
- ‘For The People’: Production Temporarily Shut Down On ABC Shondaland Series
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”