The company that owns the largest collection of cable systems plus NBCUniversal has about 3.6 times the market value of CBS — yet CEO Brian Roberts made less than half of what CBS paid Les Moonves in 2013? No need to shed any tears: After all, Roberts’ family controls Comcast, and it gave him his best pay day in years for a period when the stock value appreciated 39.1%. The package consists of $2.8M salary, $5.3M stock awards, $5.3M option awards, $9.2M in non-equity incentives, $5.1M change in pension value and $3.7M in other compensation. NBCU chief Steve Burke came close to his boss with an 18.1% raise that brought him to $31.1M. Roberts’ take includes $192,177 for personal use of the company jet; Burke’s aircraft use came to $390,994. The board says that Roberts “continued to demonstrate strong leadership” and adds that Burke “successfully managed NBCUniversal.” In a letter to shareholders Roberts talks up Comcast’s planned $45.2B acquisition of Time Warner Cable noting that “once again” he has called on his government affairs consigliere David Cohen “to help guide us through the government approval process so we can achieve a timely close.” The EVP, who is becoming a celeb in his own right from his appearances to defend the controversial deal, made $14M last year, down 12.1%. Comcast will hold its annual meeting on May 21 in Philadelphia.
Comcast’s Brian Roberts Made $31.4M In 2013, +7.7%
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest Business News
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- New Survey Reveals 94% Of Women In Hollywood Say They’ve Experienced Sexual Harassment or Assault
- Donald Trump Signs Memorandum Directing AG Jeff Sessions To “Propose Regulations” Banning Bump Stocks
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…