Cohen Media Group has acquired North American distribution and English-language remake rights to Bérénice Bejo-starrer The Last Diamond. Written and directed by Eric Barbier (The Serpent, Toreros), the French suspense drama centers on paroled jewel thief Simon (Yvan Attal) as he plots the heist of a legendary diamond, put up for auction by the family of gem expert Julia (Bejo). Masquerading as a security consultant, Simon leads the beautiful but vulnerable Julia down a seductive, dangerous path toward a fate neither of them suspected. Jean-Francois Stévenin also stars. The deal was negotiated by CMG EVP John Kochman and Other Angle Pictures’ Olivier Albou. The Last Diamond will have its North American premiere next week at the Colcoa Film Festival in Hollywood. It’s set to open in France at the end of the month followed by an early 2015 release in the U.S.
Cohen Media Group Acquires Bérénice Bejo-Starring French Heist Pic ‘The Last Diamond’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV