Cohen Media Group has acquired North American distribution and English-language remake rights to Bérénice Bejo-starrer The Last Diamond. Written and directed by Eric Barbier (The Serpent, Toreros), the French suspense drama centers on paroled jewel thief Simon (Yvan Attal) as he plots the heist of a legendary diamond, put up for auction by the family of gem expert Julia (Bejo). Masquerading as a security consultant, Simon leads the beautiful but vulnerable Julia down a seductive, dangerous path toward a fate neither of them suspected. Jean-Francois Stévenin also stars. The deal was negotiated by CMG EVP John Kochman and Other Angle Pictures’ Olivier Albou. The Last Diamond will have its North American premiere next week at the Colcoa Film Festival in Hollywood. It’s set to open in France at the end of the month followed by an early 2015 release in the U.S.
Cohen Media Group Acquires Bérénice Bejo-Starring French Heist Pic ‘The Last Diamond’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Producer Marc Platt On Oscars Diversity, ‘Bridge Of Spies’ & Making ‘Grease’ Live
- Feds Probing ‘Wolf Of Wall Street’ Producer Red Granite’s Money Relationships
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s…
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center