Cinedigm Corp. has pacted with Rapid Eye Film on a 15-film distribution and production arrangement that will see the companies partner on three to four genre films per year. The deal covers North American release and distribution on Rapid Eye Films-produced pictures, which Cinedigm will handle theatrical and home entertainment on as Rapid Eye Films produces and manages marketing. Cinedigm will be involved in production from start to finish while the selected Rapid Eye indie genre titles get guaranteed multiplatform distribution. Rapid Eye’s most recent release is company founder Marco Weber’s California Scheming starring Gia Mantegna and Chad Lowe. Weber is the producer of such films as Igby Goes Down, The 13th Floor, Unthinkable, The Informers, and Fireflies in the Garden. Weber and attorney Paul Mayersohn of Surpin and Mayersohn negotiated the deal with Cinedigm’s EVP Acquisitions Yolanda Macias.
Cinedigm, Rapid Eye Film Ink 15-Picture Distribution Deal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- UPDATE: Fox Home Entertainment & 'Sleepy Hollow' Marketer Apologize For “Headless Day” Promo After Beheading Of Second U.S…
- Abortionist Pic 'Gosnell' Hires 'True Crime' Writer To Script
- MMA Pastor Doc 'Fight Church' Inks Distribution, Morgan Spurlock TV Deal
- Alex Kurtzman's Secret Hideout Inks 3-Year Universal Deal
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'