Cinedigm Corp. has pacted with Rapid Eye Film on a 15-film distribution and production arrangement that will see the companies partner on three to four genre films per year. The deal covers North American release and distribution on Rapid Eye Films-produced pictures, which Cinedigm will handle theatrical and home entertainment on as Rapid Eye Films produces and manages marketing. Cinedigm will be involved in production from start to finish while the selected Rapid Eye indie genre titles get guaranteed multiplatform distribution. Rapid Eye’s most recent release is company founder Marco Weber’s California Scheming starring Gia Mantegna and Chad Lowe. Weber is the producer of such films as Igby Goes Down, The 13th Floor, Unthinkable, The Informers, and Fireflies in the Garden. Weber and attorney Paul Mayersohn of Surpin and Mayersohn negotiated the deal with Cinedigm’s EVP Acquisitions Yolanda Macias.
Cinedigm, Rapid Eye Film Ink 15-Picture Distribution Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking