Here comes the judge — in primetime. CBS plans a May 20 airdate for a one-hour special on the career of TV’s most powerful jurist ahead of the launch of her second syndication courtroom show. Judge Judy Primetime will trace Judith Sheindlin‘s career path from New York Family Court to Judge Judy, daytime’s No. 1 program. The special will include new cases and footage from a 1993 60 Minutes profile about then-unknown Sheindlin and another from 2003. The upcoming Sheindlin-created syndie, Hot Bench, is cleared in more than 75% of the country and bows in the fall. Like Judge Judy, which premiered in 1996, it hails from CBS Television Distribution.
CBS Sets ‘Judge Judy Primetime’ For May
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- UK Magician Troy Von Scheibner To Star In New Unscripted Series On Syfy
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch