Here comes the judge — in primetime. CBS plans a May 20 airdate for a one-hour special on the career of TV’s most powerful jurist ahead of the launch of her second syndication courtroom show. Judge Judy Primetime will trace Judith Sheindlin‘s career path from New York Family Court to Judge Judy, daytime’s No. 1 program. The special will include new cases and footage from a 1993 60 Minutes profile about then-unknown Sheindlin and another from 2003. The upcoming Sheindlin-created syndie, Hot Bench, is cleared in more than 75% of the country and bows in the fall. Like Judge Judy, which premiered in 1996, it hails from CBS Television Distribution.
CBS Sets ‘Judge Judy Primetime’ For May
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot