Here comes the judge — in primetime. CBS plans a May 20 airdate for a one-hour special on the career of TV’s most powerful jurist ahead of the launch of her second syndication courtroom show. Judge Judy Primetime will trace Judith Sheindlin‘s career path from New York Family Court to Judge Judy, daytime’s No. 1 program. The special will include new cases and footage from a 1993 60 Minutes profile about then-unknown Sheindlin and another from 2003. The upcoming Sheindlin-created syndie, Hot Bench, is cleared in more than 75% of the country and bows in the fall. Like Judge Judy, which premiered in 1996, it hails from CBS Television Distribution.
CBS Sets ‘Judge Judy Primetime’ For May
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- 'Resident Evil 6′ Production Pushed To 2015
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV