Séville International, the recently launched boutique sales arm of eOne Films International, will launch sales on Penélope Cruz-starrer Ma Ma at Cannes next month. The Spanish-language film will be distributed in Spain by eOne. Cruz plays a woman who reacts to a tragedy with a surge of life which leads her to experience the most unexpected situations “filled with humor and delicate happiness.” Luis Tosar and Asier Etxeandia also star. Cruz calls the film “an absolute passion project.” She’ll produce with director Julio Medem (Sex And Lucia) and Morena Films, in association with France’s Backup Media Group. Mare Nostrum is co-producing. The project fits with eOne Films International president Harold van Lier’s objective to source homegrown films for local distribution and world rights sold via Séville. The deal was negotiated by Alvaro Longoria of Morena Films and Joël Thibout of Backup with van Lier, and Jorge Vazquez and Igor Ibeas for eOne Films Spain.
Cannes: Séville Boards Sales On Penelope Cruz’s ‘Ma Ma’; eOne To Release In Spain
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched