Séville International, the recently launched boutique sales arm of eOne Films International, will launch sales on Penélope Cruz-starrer Ma Ma at Cannes next month. The Spanish-language film will be distributed in Spain by eOne. Cruz plays a woman who reacts to a tragedy with a surge of life which leads her to experience the most unexpected situations “filled with humor and delicate happiness.” Luis Tosar and Asier Etxeandia also star. Cruz calls the film “an absolute passion project.” She’ll produce with director Julio Medem (Sex And Lucia) and Morena Films, in association with France’s Backup Media Group. Mare Nostrum is co-producing. The project fits with eOne Films International president Harold van Lier’s objective to source homegrown films for local distribution and world rights sold via Séville. The deal was negotiated by Alvaro Longoria of Morena Films and Joël Thibout of Backup with van Lier, and Jorge Vazquez and Igor Ibeas for eOne Films Spain.
Cannes: Séville Boards Sales On Penelope Cruz’s ‘Ma Ma'; eOne To Release In Spain
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' Released Direct To Fans Online
- ITV Invests In Ex-Maker CEO's Zealot Networks
- George Clooney, Jeremy Piven, Strip Poker & More In 'Downton' Charity Spoof (Video)
- Berlin Film Festival Ties On 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' International Premiere
- China Says It's Against Cyberterrorism; Stays Mum On North Korea, Helping U.S.