Séville International, the recently launched boutique sales arm of eOne Films International, will launch sales on Penélope Cruz-starrer Ma Ma at Cannes next month. The Spanish-language film will be distributed in Spain by eOne. Cruz plays a woman who reacts to a tragedy with a surge of life which leads her to experience the most unexpected situations “filled with humor and delicate happiness.” Luis Tosar and Asier Etxeandia also star. Cruz calls the film “an absolute passion project.” She’ll produce with director Julio Medem (Sex And Lucia) and Morena Films, in association with France’s Backup Media Group. Mare Nostrum is co-producing. The project fits with eOne Films International president Harold van Lier’s objective to source homegrown films for local distribution and world rights sold via Séville. The deal was negotiated by Alvaro Longoria of Morena Films and Joël Thibout of Backup with van Lier, and Jorge Vazquez and Igor Ibeas for eOne Films Spain.
Cannes: Séville Boards Sales On Penelope Cruz’s ‘Ma Ma’; eOne To Release In Spain
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency