Séville International, the recently launched boutique sales arm of eOne Films International, will launch sales on Penélope Cruz-starrer Ma Ma at Cannes next month. The Spanish-language film will be distributed in Spain by eOne. Cruz plays a woman who reacts to a tragedy with a surge of life which leads her to experience the most unexpected situations “filled with humor and delicate happiness.” Luis Tosar and Asier Etxeandia also star. Cruz calls the film “an absolute passion project.” She’ll produce with director Julio Medem (Sex And Lucia) and Morena Films, in association with France’s Backup Media Group. Mare Nostrum is co-producing. The project fits with eOne Films International president Harold van Lier’s objective to source homegrown films for local distribution and world rights sold via Séville. The deal was negotiated by Alvaro Longoria of Morena Films and Joël Thibout of Backup with van Lier, and Jorge Vazquez and Igor Ibeas for eOne Films Spain.
Cannes: Séville Boards Sales On Penelope Cruz’s ‘Ma Ma’; eOne To Release In Spain
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Film News
- Universal Pictures Crosses $5 Billion At Global Box Office Driven By ‘Fate Of The Furious,’ ‘DM3’
- Derek Haas’ ‘Silver Bear’ Book Series Acquired By Nickel City Pictures
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done
- Costco Offers Combined One-Year MoviePass And Fandor Subscription For $89.99
- ‘Three Billboards,’ ‘Lady Bird,’ ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Lead Australian Academy Nominations
- Michael Apted To Get DGA Honorary Life Member Award