Séville International, the recently launched boutique sales arm of eOne Films International, will launch sales on Penélope Cruz-starrer Ma Ma at Cannes next month. The Spanish-language film will be distributed in Spain by eOne. Cruz plays a woman who reacts to a tragedy with a surge of life which leads her to experience the most unexpected situations “filled with humor and delicate happiness.” Luis Tosar and Asier Etxeandia also star. Cruz calls the film “an absolute passion project.” She’ll produce with director Julio Medem (Sex And Lucia) and Morena Films, in association with France’s Backup Media Group. Mare Nostrum is co-producing. The project fits with eOne Films International president Harold van Lier’s objective to source homegrown films for local distribution and world rights sold via Séville. The deal was negotiated by Alvaro Longoria of Morena Films and Joël Thibout of Backup with van Lier, and Jorge Vazquez and Igor Ibeas for eOne Films Spain.
Cannes: Séville Boards Sales On Penelope Cruz’s ‘Ma Ma'; eOne To Release In Spain
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Summer Film Budgets vs. Total Worldwide Grosses
- Venice: Thelma Schoonmaker On Working With Martin Scorsese, 'Silence' & Preserving Michael Powell's Legacy
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”