With about two weeks to go before kickoff, the Cannes Film Festival has announced the jury members who will make up this year’s main panel. Supporting president Jane Campion will be four men and four women, another example of this year’s (unofficial) emphasis on female filmmakers. The world cinema “luminaries” include French actress and former Bond Girl Carole Bouquet; festival habituée Sofia Coppola, whose The Bling Ring opened the Un Certain Regard sidebar last year; Iranian actress Lelia Hatami (A Separation); Korean actress Do-yeon Jeon, winner of the 2007 Cannes Best Actress prize; American actor Willem Dafoe; Mexican filmmaker Gael Garcia Bernal; Chinese filmmaker Zhangke Jia, who won the screenplay award for last year’s A Touch Of Sin; and 2011 Cannes directing prize winner Nicolas Winding Refn. The jury will judge the 18 films in Competition with awards to be handed out May 24. The festival runs May 14-25.
Cannes: Sofia Coppola, Nicolas Winding Refn Among Competition Jury Members
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio Today…
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character