With about two weeks to go before kickoff, the Cannes Film Festival has announced the jury members who will make up this year’s main panel. Supporting president Jane Campion will be four men and four women, another example of this year’s (unofficial) emphasis on female filmmakers. The world cinema “luminaries” include French actress and former Bond Girl Carole Bouquet; festival habituée Sofia Coppola, whose The Bling Ring opened the Un Certain Regard sidebar last year; Iranian actress Lelia Hatami (A Separation); Korean actress Do-yeon Jeon, winner of the 2007 Cannes Best Actress prize; American actor Willem Dafoe; Mexican filmmaker Gael Garcia Bernal; Chinese filmmaker Zhangke Jia, who won the screenplay award for last year’s A Touch Of Sin; and 2011 Cannes directing prize winner Nicolas Winding Refn. The jury will judge the 18 films in Competition with awards to be handed out May 24. The festival runs May 14-25.
Cannes: Sofia Coppola, Nicolas Winding Refn Among Competition Jury Members
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Opens Wednesday Comedy Block With 'Mike & Molly' And '2 Broke Girls', Sets Midseason Premiere Dates
Latest Film News
- New ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ Teaser: World’s Finest?
- Gotham Awards 2015 Live Blog
- Gotham Awards Winners List (Live)
- Gotham Awards Live Stream – Watch
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- ‘The Danish Girl’ Review: Eddie Redmayne & Alicia Vikander Turn Transgender Tale Into Universal Love Story