With about two weeks to go before kickoff, the Cannes Film Festival has announced the jury members who will make up this year’s main panel. Supporting president Jane Campion will be four men and four women, another example of this year’s (unofficial) emphasis on female filmmakers. The world cinema “luminaries” include French actress and former Bond Girl Carole Bouquet; festival habituée Sofia Coppola, whose The Bling Ring opened the Un Certain Regard sidebar last year; Iranian actress Lelia Hatami (A Separation); Korean actress Do-yeon Jeon, winner of the 2007 Cannes Best Actress prize; American actor Willem Dafoe; Mexican filmmaker Gael Garcia Bernal; Chinese filmmaker Zhangke Jia, who won the screenplay award for last year’s A Touch Of Sin; and 2011 Cannes directing prize winner Nicolas Winding Refn. The jury will judge the 18 films in Competition with awards to be handed out May 24. The festival runs May 14-25.
Cannes: Sofia Coppola, Nicolas Winding Refn Among Competition Jury Members
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Gerald Levin To Donald Trump On Rep. John Lewis: Have You No Sense Of Decency, Sir?
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home