With about two weeks to go before kickoff, the Cannes Film Festival has announced the jury members who will make up this year’s main panel. Supporting president Jane Campion will be four men and four women, another example of this year’s (unofficial) emphasis on female filmmakers. The world cinema “luminaries” include French actress and former Bond Girl Carole Bouquet; festival habituée Sofia Coppola, whose The Bling Ring opened the Un Certain Regard sidebar last year; Iranian actress Lelia Hatami (A Separation); Korean actress Do-yeon Jeon, winner of the 2007 Cannes Best Actress prize; American actor Willem Dafoe; Mexican filmmaker Gael Garcia Bernal; Chinese filmmaker Zhangke Jia, who won the screenplay award for last year’s A Touch Of Sin; and 2011 Cannes directing prize winner Nicolas Winding Refn. The jury will judge the 18 films in Competition with awards to be handed out May 24. The festival runs May 14-25.
Cannes: Sofia Coppola, Nicolas Winding Refn Among Competition Jury Members
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest
- Protagonist Makes Key Hires; Kickstarts U.S. Production/Acquisition Activities
- Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Beloved Sisters' Gets Germany's Nod For Oscar Race; BAFTA Sets David Fincher Retrospective; More