With about two weeks to go before kickoff, the Cannes Film Festival has announced the jury members who will make up this year’s main panel. Supporting president Jane Campion will be four men and four women, another example of this year’s (unofficial) emphasis on female filmmakers. The world cinema “luminaries” include French actress and former Bond Girl Carole Bouquet; festival habituée Sofia Coppola, whose The Bling Ring opened the Un Certain Regard sidebar last year; Iranian actress Lelia Hatami (A Separation); Korean actress Do-yeon Jeon, winner of the 2007 Cannes Best Actress prize; American actor Willem Dafoe; Mexican filmmaker Gael Garcia Bernal; Chinese filmmaker Zhangke Jia, who won the screenplay award for last year’s A Touch Of Sin; and 2011 Cannes directing prize winner Nicolas Winding Refn. The jury will judge the 18 films in Competition with awards to be handed out May 24. The festival runs May 14-25.
Cannes: Sofia Coppola, Nicolas Winding Refn Among Competition Jury Members
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More