With about two weeks to go before kickoff, the Cannes Film Festival has announced the jury members who will make up this year’s main panel. Supporting president Jane Campion will be four men and four women, another example of this year’s (unofficial) emphasis on female filmmakers. The world cinema “luminaries” include French actress and former Bond Girl Carole Bouquet; festival habituée Sofia Coppola, whose The Bling Ring opened the Un Certain Regard sidebar last year; Iranian actress Lelia Hatami (A Separation); Korean actress Do-yeon Jeon, winner of the 2007 Cannes Best Actress prize; American actor Willem Dafoe; Mexican filmmaker Gael Garcia Bernal; Chinese filmmaker Zhangke Jia, who won the screenplay award for last year’s A Touch Of Sin; and 2011 Cannes directing prize winner Nicolas Winding Refn. The jury will judge the 18 films in Competition with awards to be handed out May 24. The festival runs May 14-25.
Cannes: Sofia Coppola, Nicolas Winding Refn Among Competition Jury Members
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest Film News
- TriStar Nails Attica Prison Riot Book For Amy Pascal; Second Project In Works About 1971 Uprising
- Marketing Exec VP Loren Schwartz Leaving Warner Bros.
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Review: Don’t Go
- ‘Rings’ Trailer: Samara Returns In The Digital Era
- Doug Liman Will Direct DC Title ‘Justice League Dark’ For Warner Bros
- ‘Manchester By The Sea’ Trailer: First Look At Kenneth Lonergan’s Family Drama Starring Casey Affleck