With about two weeks to go before kickoff, the Cannes Film Festival has announced the jury members who will make up this year’s main panel. Supporting president Jane Campion will be four men and four women, another example of this year’s (unofficial) emphasis on female filmmakers. The world cinema “luminaries” include French actress and former Bond Girl Carole Bouquet; festival habituée Sofia Coppola, whose The Bling Ring opened the Un Certain Regard sidebar last year; Iranian actress Lelia Hatami (A Separation); Korean actress Do-yeon Jeon, winner of the 2007 Cannes Best Actress prize; American actor Willem Dafoe; Mexican filmmaker Gael Garcia Bernal; Chinese filmmaker Zhangke Jia, who won the screenplay award for last year’s A Touch Of Sin; and 2011 Cannes directing prize winner Nicolas Winding Refn. The jury will judge the 18 films in Competition with awards to be handed out May 24. The festival runs May 14-25.
Cannes: Sofia Coppola, Nicolas Winding Refn Among Competition Jury Members
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest Film News
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Invades New York Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek’ Alums To Fans: Keep White House Donald Trump Free With Vote For Hillary Clinton
- Angelina Jolie In Talks To Star In TriStar’s ‘Shoot Like A Girl’
- ‘Miss Peregrine’ Eyes $27M-$28M; ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Drilling $21M-$22M – Midday B.O. Update
- Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon Saddle Up For Black Label Media, Jerry Bruckheimer’s ‘Horse Soldiers’
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?