EXCLUSIVE: Spirit Award-nominated Brie Larson has boarded indie drama Room, directed by Lenny Abrahamson. She’ll star as Ma, a woman kidnapped as a teenager who has been held captive for years in a tiny room where she lives with her 5-year-old son Jack. To the boy, Room is the only home he’s ever known. Emma Donoghue adapted the script from her own 2010 bestseller which was itself partially inspired by the 2008 case of Austrian woman Elisabeth Fritzl, who escaped from a basement after a 24-year captivity during which she gave birth to seven children. Larsen is coming off of her award-winning central turn in last year’s Short Term 12. She’ll next be seen in Paramount’s upcoming The Gambler opposite Mark Wahlberg, Judd Apatow’s Trainwrecked, and DreamWorks’ The Good Luck Of Right Now. Room is produced by Ed Guiney for his Irish shingle Element Pictures. Larson is repped by The Gersh Agency and Authentic Talent & Literary Management. UTA reps Donoghue and the film and is putting financing together alongside Element.
Brie Larson Enters Lenny Abrahamson’s Captivity Drama ‘Room’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney