I have learned that veteran actor Michael McKean (This Is Spinal Tap) is the first new cast member to join AMC’s upcoming series Better Call Saul, joining Breaking Bad alums Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks. The prequel to the Emmy-winning Breaking Bad, from Sony TV, centers on Odenkirk‘s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman before he became Walter White’s lawyer. Banks reprises his role as Saul’s trusted private investigator/fixer Michael “Mike” Ehrmantraut. McKean will play a new character, Dr. Thurber, a brilliant attorney who is now restricted by an unusual affliction. Better Call Saul is slated to debut in November. Dream On alum McKean is repped by APA and Harriet Sternberg.
Michael McKean To Co-Star In ‘Breaking Bad’ Prequel Series ‘Better Call Saul’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast