Bill Pullman and Tony Hale have been tapped to round out the cast of American Ultra, the action comedy that Lionsgate shelled out $7M for in March. Production begins today in New Orleans on the pic, which stars Jesse Eisenberg as Mike, a stoner slacker whose secret past as a highly-trained sleeper agent upturns his small-town life with girlfriend Phoebe (Kristen Stewart) as he’s thrust into a covert government operation. Project X‘s Nima Nourizadeh is directing from a script by Max Landis (Chronicle) with Topher Grace, John Leguizamo, and Walton Goggins also co-starring. The PalmStar, Likely Story, and Circle of Confusion co-production is produced by Anthony Bregman, Kevin Frakes, Raj Brinder Singh, David Alpert, and Britton Rizzio. Ray Angelic is exec producing with Lionsgate’s Jason Constantine and Eda Kowan overseeing. FilmNation is repping international sales. Pullman is at ICM. Hale is repped by UTA.
Bill Pullman, Tony Hale Join Lionsgate’s Jesse Eisenberg-Kristen Stewart Action Comedy ‘American Ultra’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years