Eleven months after being scooped up by DreamWorks Animation, the YouTube multi-channel network has made an acquisition of its own. Teen/tween-targeted AwesomenessTV said today it paid $15 million for Big Frame, which boasts 300-plus YouTube channels and nearly 40 million subscribers. The deal — which is subject to conditions but expected to close this month — brings such familiar online personalities as Jimmy Tatro, Tyler Oakley, DeStorm and MysteryGuitarMan to the next-gen media company led by founder and CEO Brian Robbins. Steve Raymond and Sarah Penna launched Big Frame in 2011, and it raised more than $3 million in seed capital the following year.
AwesomenessTV Plunks Down $15M For YouTube’s Big Frame
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016