Eleven months after being scooped up by DreamWorks Animation, the YouTube multi-channel network has made an acquisition of its own. Teen/tween-targeted AwesomenessTV said today it paid $15 million for Big Frame, which boasts 300-plus YouTube channels and nearly 40 million subscribers. The deal — which is subject to conditions but expected to close this month — brings such familiar online personalities as Jimmy Tatro, Tyler Oakley, DeStorm and MysteryGuitarMan to the next-gen media company led by founder and CEO Brian Robbins. Steve Raymond and Sarah Penna launched Big Frame in 2011, and it raised more than $3 million in seed capital the following year.
AwesomenessTV Plunks Down $15M For YouTube’s Big Frame
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem
- ‘SNL’ Vs Al Franken: Weekend Update Takes On A Former Writer
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2