Eleven months after being scooped up by DreamWorks Animation, the YouTube multi-channel network has made an acquisition of its own. Teen/tween-targeted AwesomenessTV said today it paid $15 million for Big Frame, which boasts 300-plus YouTube channels and nearly 40 million subscribers. The deal — which is subject to conditions but expected to close this month — brings such familiar online personalities as Jimmy Tatro, Tyler Oakley, DeStorm and MysteryGuitarMan to the next-gen media company led by founder and CEO Brian Robbins. Steve Raymond and Sarah Penna launched Big Frame in 2011, and it raised more than $3 million in seed capital the following year.
AwesomenessTV Plunks Down $15M For YouTube’s Big Frame
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer