Sons Of Anarchy executive producers Art Linson and John Linson are reuniting with former SOA co-star Taylor Sheridan for a gritty family drama at HBO. It marks the first project under a two-year exclusive television deal Art and John Linson have signed with the pay cable network. It follows the father-and-son duo’s stint as executive producers on HBO’s David Milch drama pilot The Money. The new project, Yellowstone, follows one family’s violent struggle against encroachment in southwest Montana. Sheridan will write the script from a story he is co-writing with John Linson. The two executive produce with Art Linson. It is unclear whether Sheridan would have an acting role on the show. The Veronica Mars alum Sheridan has been focusing on writing for the past couple of years and has several feature projects in the works: Sicario, with producers Basil Iwanyk and Molly Smith and director Denis Villeneuve; Comancheria, with producers Sidney Kimmel Entertainment and Film 44 and director Marc Forster; and Dark Invasion at Warner Bros with producers Bradley Cooper, John Lesher, and Adam Kassan.
Art Linson & John Linson Ink HBO Deal, Set Up Drama Project With Taylor Sheridan
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC