EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis has been set as one of the female leads opposite Sacha Baron Cohen and Mark Strong in Grimsby, the Louis Leterrier-directed comedy for Sony Pictures. Strong plays a British black ops agent who’s forced to team up with his idiotic English football hooligan brother, played by Baron Cohen. Wallis has been cast as one of his suitors. The actress, who was seen this year in Fleming, the biopic about James Bond’s creator, recently wrapped New Line/Warner Bros’ feature Annabelle, a prequel to 2013’s The Conjuring. She’s currently shooting the second season of BBC Two drama Peaky Blinders. Baron Cohen, Phil Johnston and Peter Baynham penned Grimsby which Baron Cohen is producing through Four by Two along with Eric Fellner of Working Title, and Nira Park of Big Talk Productions. Wallis is repped by ICM Partners, Untitled, and United Agents in the UK.
Annabelle Wallis To Court Sacha Baron Cohen In Sony Comedy ‘Grimsby’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2
- Japan-North Korea Talks Seen Unaffected By Sony Hack Attack Revelations