The filmmaker is set to helm his first feature since the 2010 Jennifer Aniston-Gerard Butler vehicle The Bounty Hunter. Andy Tennant will direct 13th Grade, about a disillusioned NYC journalist who is passed up for a promotion and abandoned by his girlfriend, forcing him to move back to his mother’s house in suburban Chicago, where he settles for a job teaching at his former high school. The pic from Sycamore Pictures and Ad Hominem Enterprises was scripted by Evan Endicott from a story he wrote with Mark Phinney. Tom Rice, Ben Nearn and Adam Wagner are producing, with Alexander Payne exec producing alongside partners Jim Burke and Jim Taylor. Production is planned to start in late fall for a 2015 release. Tennant most recently directed an episode of Amazon’s Betas, which Endicott co-created, and his feature credits include Fool’s Gold, Hitch and Sweet Home Alabama.
Andy Tennant To Helm Indie ‘13th Grade’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig To…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The Contenders…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind The…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The Contenders…