The filmmaker is set to helm his first feature since the 2010 Jennifer Aniston-Gerard Butler vehicle The Bounty Hunter. Andy Tennant will direct 13th Grade, about a disillusioned NYC journalist who is passed up for a promotion and abandoned by his girlfriend, forcing him to move back to his mother’s house in suburban Chicago, where he settles for a job teaching at his former high school. The pic from Sycamore Pictures and Ad Hominem Enterprises was scripted by Evan Endicott from a story he wrote with Mark Phinney. Tom Rice, Ben Nearn and Adam Wagner are producing, with Alexander Payne exec producing alongside partners Jim Burke and Jim Taylor. Production is planned to start in late fall for a 2015 release. Tennant most recently directed an episode of Amazon’s Betas, which Endicott co-created, and his feature credits include Fool’s Gold, Hitch and Sweet Home Alabama.
Andy Tennant To Helm Indie ‘13th Grade’
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' Land New Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Revenant’, ‘Martian’ Land New Global Milestones; ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Tops $100M In China – Intl…
- Newcomers ‘Regression’, ‘Southbound’ Open Slow Against Oscar Contenders – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters ‘Zombies’, ‘Choice’…
- Cannes Film Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux Quells Exit Chatter, But Confirms Offer
- DGA Awards: Inarritu’s Big Win Gives Momentum To ‘Revenant’ But Keeps Best Picture Race In The…