UPDATED: Amazon is becoming the steaming home of summer event series. After its success with CBS’ Under The Dome last summer and following the deal for CBS’ upcoming Extant starring Halle Berry, the streaming service also has nabbed the rights to Fox’s upcoming 24: Live Another Day starring Kiefer Sutherland. It is part of a licensing agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution that covers all 192 episodes of 24. The eight seasons of the Emmy-winning political thriller and TV movie 24:Redemption, which bridged Seasons 6 and 7, are already available on Prime Instant Video. The pact with Amazon follows the expiration of Fox’s deal for 24 with Netflix, which was the streaming home of the series until today. Amazon’s announcement does not specify the length of the post-broadcast window for 24: Live Another Day but I have learned that the event series is expected to hit the streaming service later in 2014, long after it airs on Fox. Amazon and CBS broke ground last year with their deal for Under The Dome, which made an episode available on Prime Instant Video four days after its premiere on CBS. The same template is being used for Extant.
Amazon Lands Streaming Rights to ’24’ & ’24: Live Another Day’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'