UPDATED: Amazon is becoming the steaming home of summer event series. After its success with CBS’ Under The Dome last summer and following the deal for CBS’ upcoming Extant starring Halle Berry, the streaming service also has nabbed the rights to Fox’s upcoming 24: Live Another Day starring Kiefer Sutherland. It is part of a licensing agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution that covers all 192 episodes of 24. The eight seasons of the Emmy-winning political thriller and TV movie 24:Redemption, which bridged Seasons 6 and 7, are already available on Prime Instant Video. The pact with Amazon follows the expiration of Fox’s deal for 24 with Netflix, which was the streaming home of the series until today. Amazon’s announcement does not specify the length of the post-broadcast window for 24: Live Another Day but I have learned that the event series is expected to hit the streaming service later in 2014, long after it airs on Fox. Amazon and CBS broke ground last year with their deal for Under The Dome, which made an episode available on Prime Instant Video four days after its premiere on CBS. The same template is being used for Extant.
Amazon Lands Streaming Rights to ’24’ & ’24: Live Another Day’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres