EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films has acquired Spy Dance, the best-selling novel from D.C. lawyer-turned-author Allan Topol. Alex Hollister (Shotgun Cinderella) has been tapped to adapt the tale of Greg Nielsen, an ex-CIA operative who reinvents his identity after the agency sets him up, only to be sucked back into action against his former employers when his stepdaughter is taken hostage years later. Topol has penned 10 thriller novels with geopolitical bents, including Dark Ambition, Conspiracy and Enemy Of My Enemy, drawing comparisons to the likes of Robert Ludlum and John Grisham. Back in February, Solipsist Films acquired Chuck Driskell’s Gage Hartline novel The Diaries along with two upcoming sequels. Solipsist next has Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For hitting theaters August 22 and also produced the Blumhouse-Universal thriller Curve starring Julianne Hough. Solipsist is repped by CAA, which negotiated the deal with Topol’s reps at The Lichtman Group. Hollister is repped by Zero Gravity Management.
Solipsist Films Springs For Allan Topol Espionage Novel ‘Spy Dance’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Lake Bell To Helm 'Emperor's Children'; Jack Kilmer Joins 'Stanford Prison Experiment'; 'The Finest Hours' Adds 'Outlander's…
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Thriller 'Faults' Goes To Screen Media
- Magnet Snags Teen Horror Pic 'Satanic'
- Sarah Wayne Callies Joins Nicolas Cage Thriller 'Pay The Ghost'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Set For Bad Robot & Paramount Insurge's 'The Cellar'
- Jorge Michel Grau To 'Curse The Darkness' For SpectreVision