Zhang Yimou will replace Ed Zwick to direct The Great Wall, the China-set epic that Legendary Pictures principal Thomas Tull has been trying to mount for the past several years through his Legendary East division. The film, scripted by Carlo Bernard and Doug Miro, was going to shoot last year and give Legendary a foothold into the China market. Zwick went as far as casting Henry Cavill and Benjaman Walker, but it didn’t get over the wall that time. Legendary East was recalibrated in a joint venture with China Film Company, and they’re trying again with the Raise The Red Lantern helmer.
Zhang Yimou To Scale ‘The Great Wall’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'