EXCLUSIVE: Director Joe Johnston has signed with WME for representation. Johnston had been in play since agents Martin Spencer and Adam Kanter left Resolution to go to Paradigm. He had been with CAA with Kanter for a long time, before the agent made the move to Resolution and Johnston went with him. This is a big get for WME. Johnston’s hits include October Sky, Captain America: The First Avenger, Jurassic Park III, Jumanji and Honey I Shrunk The Kids. He is currently developing the high-concept sci-fi thriller Extinction by Spenser Cohen with Mandeville and Good Universe. His next film, Not Safe For Work, is set at Universal. Johnston continues to be lawyered by Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown.
WME Signs ‘Captain America: First Avenger’ Helmer Joe Johnston
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Tom Rothman Rises; Adam Goodman Exits; Raunchy Comediennes
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?