EXCLUSIVE: Matt Schwartz has been hired as VP Film and Television at Weed Road/Safehouse Pictures, the shingle run by Akiva Goldsman, Joby Harold and Tory Tunnell. This marks a return for Schwartz, who began his career in development at Weed Road after a stint at ICM. He most recently has been an exec at Hutch Parker Entertainment. Weed Road/Safehouse shares a first-look deal at Warner Bros, borne of their first collaboration King Arthur, which Harold directed and which Guy Ritchie will direct by year’s end. This is the first of what is conceived as a six-film franchise hatched by Harold that Weed Road/Safehouse will produce. Goldsman most recently directed Winter’s Tale and is rewriting Insurgent, the sequel to Lionsgate’s Divergent. Said Tunnell: “Akiva, Joby and I are thrilled to bring Matt into the fold. He’s one of the best and brightest out there and we couldn’t be more excited to have him join us on the lot.”
Weed Road / Safehouse Hires Matt Schwartz As VP
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur