EXCLUSIVE: Jeff Rake, writer/executive producer of Warner Bros TV‘s NBC pilot The Mysteries Of Laura, has signed an overall deal with the studio. Under the two-year pact, Rake will continue on Mysteries Of Laura if it goes to series as well as develop new projects. Mysteries Of Laura, which Rake adapted from the Spanish series Los Misterios De Laura, stars Debra Messing as Laura Diamond, a female homicide detective who can handle murderous criminals — but not her hell-raising twin children. WBTV is producing with Greg Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Prods as well as Kapital Entertainment, the company of Rake’s producing partner Aaron Kaplan who will continue to work with Rake on projects under his overall deal. Rake has also been working as a co-executive producer on the WBTV/Berlanti Prods freshman CW drama The Tomorrow People. He previously co-created NBC’s Miss Match and co-wrote the pilot for David E. Kelley’s Boston Legal. He is repped by WME.
Warner Bros. TV Inks Overall Deal With Jeff Rake
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
Indie Spirit Noms Preview Likely Oscar Contenders, But What's Up With That 'Imitation Game' Shutout?
More From Andreeva
- Joel McHale To Produce E! Pilot About Snarky Web Comments
- Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
- Viola Davis & Debra Martin Chase Produce Drama Based On Prosecutor Kym Worthy
- Parminder Nagra & Jessalyn Gilsig To Co-Star In 'Evil Men' USA Pilot
- 'Cristela' Gets Full-Season Order By ABC
- George Eads Exits 'CSI' After 15 Seasons