EXCLUSIVE: Jeff Rake, writer/executive producer of Warner Bros TV‘s NBC pilot The Mysteries Of Laura, has signed an overall deal with the studio. Under the two-year pact, Rake will continue on Mysteries Of Laura if it goes to series as well as develop new projects. Mysteries Of Laura, which Rake adapted from the Spanish series Los Misterios De Laura, stars Debra Messing as Laura Diamond, a female homicide detective who can handle murderous criminals — but not her hell-raising twin children. WBTV is producing with Greg Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Prods as well as Kapital Entertainment, the company of Rake’s producing partner Aaron Kaplan who will continue to work with Rake on projects under his overall deal. Rake has also been working as a co-executive producer on the WBTV/Berlanti Prods freshman CW drama The Tomorrow People. He previously co-created NBC’s Miss Match and co-wrote the pilot for David E. Kelley’s Boston Legal. He is repped by WME.
Warner Bros. TV Inks Overall Deal With Jeff Rake
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'