EXCLUSIVE: Jeff Rake, writer/executive producer of Warner Bros TV‘s NBC pilot The Mysteries Of Laura, has signed an overall deal with the studio. Under the two-year pact, Rake will continue on Mysteries Of Laura if it goes to series as well as develop new projects. Mysteries Of Laura, which Rake adapted from the Spanish series Los Misterios De Laura, stars Debra Messing as Laura Diamond, a female homicide detective who can handle murderous criminals — but not her hell-raising twin children. WBTV is producing with Greg Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Prods as well as Kapital Entertainment, the company of Rake’s producing partner Aaron Kaplan who will continue to work with Rake on projects under his overall deal. Rake has also been working as a co-executive producer on the WBTV/Berlanti Prods freshman CW drama The Tomorrow People. He previously co-created NBC’s Miss Match and co-wrote the pilot for David E. Kelley’s Boston Legal. He is repped by WME.
Warner Bros. TV Inks Overall Deal With Jeff Rake
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast