EXCLUSIVE: Jeff Rake, writer/executive producer of Warner Bros TV‘s NBC pilot The Mysteries Of Laura, has signed an overall deal with the studio. Under the two-year pact, Rake will continue on Mysteries Of Laura if it goes to series as well as develop new projects. Mysteries Of Laura, which Rake adapted from the Spanish series Los Misterios De Laura, stars Debra Messing as Laura Diamond, a female homicide detective who can handle murderous criminals — but not her hell-raising twin children. WBTV is producing with Greg Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Prods as well as Kapital Entertainment, the company of Rake’s producing partner Aaron Kaplan who will continue to work with Rake on projects under his overall deal. Rake has also been working as a co-executive producer on the WBTV/Berlanti Prods freshman CW drama The Tomorrow People. He previously co-created NBC’s Miss Match and co-wrote the pilot for David E. Kelley’s Boston Legal. He is repped by WME.
Warner Bros. TV Inks Overall Deal With Jeff Rake
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'