EXCLUSIVE: Justified star Walton Goggins has been set to join Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart in American Ultra, the film that Lionsgate acquired recently in a whopping deal. Project X‘s Nima Nourizaden is directing and Max Landis wrote the script. Eisenberg plays a hapless stoner who has a Jason Bourne-like awakening when he learns he’s an asset in a complicated covert government scheme gone awry. Anthony Bregman is producing. Goggins will play the role of Laugher. He’s killing it this season on the FX series Justified as Boyd Crowder, and he most recently appeared in Lincoln and Django Unchained. He’s repped by ICM Partners and Darris Hatch Management.
Walton Goggins Joins ‘American Ultra’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Homeland' Finale: 'Long Time Coming'
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance