EXCLUSIVE: Justified star Walton Goggins has been set to join Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart in American Ultra, the film that Lionsgate acquired recently in a whopping deal. Project X‘s Nima Nourizaden is directing and Max Landis wrote the script. Eisenberg plays a hapless stoner who has a Jason Bourne-like awakening when he learns he’s an asset in a complicated covert government scheme gone awry. Anthony Bregman is producing. Goggins will play the role of Laugher. He’s killing it this season on the FX series Justified as Boyd Crowder, and he most recently appeared in Lincoln and Django Unchained. He’s repped by ICM Partners and Darris Hatch Management.
Walton Goggins Joins ‘American Ultra’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Fleming Jr
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'
- Deadline's Mike Fleming Jr And Kurt Sutter Live-Blog The Emmys
- Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal – Turning Tragedy Into Legacy