EXCLUSIVE: The Walking Dead star Norman Reedus will spend his hiatus from the AMC show in the stellar ensemble cast of Triple 9, the John Hillcoat-directed heist film that begins production this summer. Open Road Films pre-bought domestic distribution rights just prior to Berlin and will release the film wide next year. Reedus, who just completed his fourth season playing Daryl Dixon, joins Casey Affleck, Woody Harrelson, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kate Winslet, Anthony Mackie, Aaron Paul, Teresa Palmer, and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman in the Batman Vs. Superman film). Matt Cook scripted the thriller, in which a crew of dirty cops is blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down.” Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack, triggering a breakneck, action-packed finale filled with double-crosses, greed and revenge. Worldview is financing and the film is produced by Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin, Keith Redmon, and Bard Dorros, along with Sierra/Affinity’s Marc Butan, Anthony Katagas and Christopher Woodrow. Paul Green is exec producer. Worldview Entertainment, Surefire and Sierra will finance the project and Sierra/Affinity will broker international sales. Reedus is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment.
‘Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Joins John Hillcoat Ensemble Cop Drama ‘Triple 9’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…