Marjane Satrapi’s English-language debut The Voices premiered this year at Sundance and stars Ryan Reynolds, Gemma Arterton, Anna Kendrick, and Jacki Weaver. Lionsgate has landed U.S. distribution rights to the horror comedy, which centers on a lovable but disturbed factory worker (Reynolds) who yearns for the attention of a woman in accounting. When their relationship takes a sudden turn, the man’s talking pets — a sinister cat and benevolent dog — lead him down a fantastical, murderous path. Michael R Perry wrote the script and Matthew Rhodes, Adi Shankar, Roy Lee and Spencer Silna produced. The film is presented by Lionsgate and 1984 Private Defense Contractors and is a Mandalay Vision, Studio Babelsberg and Vertigo Entertainment production. Satrapi’s first feature, Persepolis, was nominated for an Animated Feature Oscar in 2008. CAA and UTA co-repped the deal.
Lionsgate Acquires Sundance Pic ‘The Voices’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- F. Gary Gray Expected To Direct ‘Furious 8’
- Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’
- ‘Furious 8’ Director Shortlist Down To Last Few