Marjane Satrapi’s English-language debut The Voices premiered this year at Sundance and stars Ryan Reynolds, Gemma Arterton, Anna Kendrick, and Jacki Weaver. Lionsgate has landed U.S. distribution rights to the horror comedy, which centers on a lovable but disturbed factory worker (Reynolds) who yearns for the attention of a woman in accounting. When their relationship takes a sudden turn, the man’s talking pets — a sinister cat and benevolent dog — lead him down a fantastical, murderous path. Michael R Perry wrote the script and Matthew Rhodes, Adi Shankar, Roy Lee and Spencer Silna produced. The film is presented by Lionsgate and 1984 Private Defense Contractors and is a Mandalay Vision, Studio Babelsberg and Vertigo Entertainment production. Satrapi’s first feature, Persepolis, was nominated for an Animated Feature Oscar in 2008. CAA and UTA co-repped the deal.
Lionsgate Acquires Sundance Pic ‘The Voices’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'