Fred Schepisi’s adult romantic comedy Words And Pictures had its world premiere as a Gala Presentation in Toronto where Roadside Attractions acquired it for the U.S. Written by Gerald Di Pego, it stars Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche, respectively as a writer whose talent has dried up, and an artist struggling to paint as her body betrays her (Binoche’s own artwork features). The two clash at the prep school where they teach, sparking a flamboyant courtship and a school-wide war over which is more powerful: the word or the picture. Binoche, who won an Oscar for The English Patient, hasn’t been in too many English-language pics of late, much less a comedy, so this looks like a charming departure. Speaking of departures, she’s up in Warner and Legendary’s Godzilla which opens May 16, ahead of Words And Pictures‘ bow on May 23.
Hot Trailer: Clive Owen & Juliette Binoche Romcom ‘Words And Pictures’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Teaser: Little Jack-Jack Shows Off His Baby Superpower
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office