Fred Schepisi’s adult romantic comedy Words And Pictures had its world premiere as a Gala Presentation in Toronto where Roadside Attractions acquired it for the U.S. Written by Gerald Di Pego, it stars Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche, respectively as a writer whose talent has dried up, and an artist struggling to paint as her body betrays her (Binoche’s own artwork features). The two clash at the prep school where they teach, sparking a flamboyant courtship and a school-wide war over which is more powerful: the word or the picture. Binoche, who won an Oscar for The English Patient, hasn’t been in too many English-language pics of late, much less a comedy, so this looks like a charming departure. Speaking of departures, she’s up in Warner and Legendary’s Godzilla which opens May 16, ahead of Words And Pictures‘ bow on May 23.
Hot Trailer: Clive Owen & Juliette Binoche Romcom ‘Words And Pictures’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency