Trading Spaces and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition‘s Ty Pennington is trading a hammer and nails for a kitchen apron. TNT has tapped Pennington to host its new cooking competition show On The Menu with chef Emeril Lagasse as Menu Master. A fall 2014 premiere is planned. In each episode, a group of passionate home cooks will be challenged to create a the next signature dish for that week’s selected restaurant chain, stadium concession stand, or other American food business. The amateur cooks will work in conjunction with professional chefs to create their dishes, from concept to execution. A panel of judges will then determine which dish not only tastes the best, but also fits with the restaurant’s current menu offerings. The winning dish will immediately go on the business’ menu, giving viewers at home the chance to go try the dish the very next day. On The Menu is produced by One Three Media, with Mark Burnett (The Bible, The Voice, Survivor) serving as executive producer.
Ty Pennington To Host TNT’s ‘On The Menu’ With Emeril Lagasse
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Updated To “Stable” After Being Rushed To Hospital
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara