Trading Spaces and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition‘s Ty Pennington is trading a hammer and nails for a kitchen apron. TNT has tapped Pennington to host its new cooking competition show On The Menu with chef Emeril Lagasse as Menu Master. A fall 2014 premiere is planned. In each episode, a group of passionate home cooks will be challenged to create a the next signature dish for that week’s selected restaurant chain, stadium concession stand, or other American food business. The amateur cooks will work in conjunction with professional chefs to create their dishes, from concept to execution. A panel of judges will then determine which dish not only tastes the best, but also fits with the restaurant’s current menu offerings. The winning dish will immediately go on the business’ menu, giving viewers at home the chance to go try the dish the very next day. On The Menu is produced by One Three Media, with Mark Burnett (The Bible, The Voice, Survivor) serving as executive producer.
Ty Pennington To Host TNT’s ‘On The Menu’ With Emeril Lagasse
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'