Trading Spaces and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition‘s Ty Pennington is trading a hammer and nails for a kitchen apron. TNT has tapped Pennington to host its new cooking competition show On The Menu with chef Emeril Lagasse as Menu Master. A fall 2014 premiere is planned. In each episode, a group of passionate home cooks will be challenged to create a the next signature dish for that week’s selected restaurant chain, stadium concession stand, or other American food business. The amateur cooks will work in conjunction with professional chefs to create their dishes, from concept to execution. A panel of judges will then determine which dish not only tastes the best, but also fits with the restaurant’s current menu offerings. The winning dish will immediately go on the business’ menu, giving viewers at home the chance to go try the dish the very next day. On The Menu is produced by One Three Media, with Mark Burnett (The Bible, The Voice, Survivor) serving as executive producer.
Ty Pennington To Host TNT’s ‘On The Menu’ With Emeril Lagasse
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series