Trading Spaces and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition‘s Ty Pennington is trading a hammer and nails for a kitchen apron. TNT has tapped Pennington to host its new cooking competition show On The Menu with chef Emeril Lagasse as Menu Master. A fall 2014 premiere is planned. In each episode, a group of passionate home cooks will be challenged to create a the next signature dish for that week’s selected restaurant chain, stadium concession stand, or other American food business. The amateur cooks will work in conjunction with professional chefs to create their dishes, from concept to execution. A panel of judges will then determine which dish not only tastes the best, but also fits with the restaurant’s current menu offerings. The winning dish will immediately go on the business’ menu, giving viewers at home the chance to go try the dish the very next day. On The Menu is produced by One Three Media, with Mark Burnett (The Bible, The Voice, Survivor) serving as executive producer.
Ty Pennington To Host TNT’s ‘On The Menu’ With Emeril Lagasse
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'