EXCLUSIVE: True Detective star Woody Harrelson has joined the cast of Triple Nine, the John Hillcoat-directed heist thriller which begins production this summer. Open Road Films pre-bought domestic distribution rights just prior to Berlin and has pledged to give the film a wide release next year. Harrelson will play Sergeant Detective Jeffrey Allen, the uncle to the cop played by Casey Affleck. Those two meshed together well last fall in Out Of The Furnace. Harrelson joins Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kate Winslet, Fruitvale Station’s Michael B. Jordan, Breaking Bad and Need For Speed‘s Aaron Paul, Warm Bodies’ Teresa Palmer, and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman in the Batman Vs. Superman film). Matt Cook scripted the thriller, in which a crew of dirty cops is blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down”. Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack, triggering a breakneck, action-packed finale filled with double-crosses, greed and revenge. Worldview is financing and the film is produced by Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin, Keith Redmon, and Bard Dorros, along with Sierra/Affinity. Paul Green is exec producer. Harrelson, who is finishing The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, is repped by CAA.
‘True Detective’s Woody Harrelson Joins John Hillcoat’s ‘Triple 9’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character