Two more music documentaries have joined the lineup for next month’s Tribeca Film Festival, which kicks off with previously announced Nas rap doc Time Is Illmatic. The fest will present special screenings of Alex Gibney’s in-progress Untitled James Brown Documentary, about the legendary soul singer’s life, and Björk: Biophilia Live, a concert docu following the avant-garde musician’s eighth studio album, directed by Nick Fenton and Peter Strickland. Tribeca runs from April 16-27.
James Brown & Bjork Docus Join Tribeca Film Fest Lineup
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Wins Quentin Tarantino Film; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- Ben Affleck Calls Harvey Weinstein “Sleazy”, Admires Rose McGowan
- Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In ‘The Blacklist,’ Joins Spike Lee’s ‘Black Klansman…
- Monty Python's ‘Life of Brian’ Scores Theatrical Release With Trafalgar Deal
- Sony Pictures Wins Quentin Tarantino Film; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
- Comcast-Fox Deal Talks Latest Entry Into Media Merger Mania
- Tony-Winning ‘Come From Away’ Director Boards Feature Film Adaptation For Mark Gordon Co.