The fifth edition of the annual event formerly known as Transmedia Hollywood will play out April 4 at UCLA’s James Bridges Theater. Transforming Hollywood: The Future of Television — co-hosted by UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television, USC Annenberg School of Communication & Journalism and USC School of Cinematic Arts — will focus on creators and programmers reinventing TV for the digital future, the re-imagination of television consumption and indie television. Panelists at the newly renamed conference will include Joe Lewis, Head of Original Programming at Amazon Studios; Vicky L. Free, CMO at BET Networks; Ivan Askwith, Lead Strategist for the Veronica Mars Kickstarter campaign; Machinima chief Allen DeBevoise; and Belisa Balaban, SVP Alternative and Live Programming at Pivot; among others. Conference organizers said they decided to change the event’s name this year to reflect the big changes taking place in the American TV industry for creators, distributors and audiences.
Newly Renamed Transforming Hollywood Conference Set For April 4 At UCLA
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Mike Pence’s Plane With Press Aboard Skids Off NY Runway; No Injuries
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP