The fifth edition of the annual event formerly known as Transmedia Hollywood will play out April 4 at UCLA’s James Bridges Theater. Transforming Hollywood: The Future of Television — co-hosted by UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television, USC Annenberg School of Communication & Journalism and USC School of Cinematic Arts — will focus on creators and programmers reinventing TV for the digital future, the re-imagination of television consumption and indie television. Panelists at the newly renamed conference will include Joe Lewis, Head of Original Programming at Amazon Studios; Vicky L. Free, CMO at BET Networks; Ivan Askwith, Lead Strategist for the Veronica Mars Kickstarter campaign; Machinima chief Allen DeBevoise; and Belisa Balaban, SVP Alternative and Live Programming at Pivot; among others. Conference organizers said they decided to change the event’s name this year to reflect the big changes taking place in the American TV industry for creators, distributors and audiences.
Newly Renamed Transforming Hollywood Conference Set For April 4 At UCLA
What's Hot on Deadline
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest TV News
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year
- Boston Rally “Officially Over”, Capping Day Of Cable News Attention