The fifth edition of the annual event formerly known as Transmedia Hollywood will play out April 4 at UCLA’s James Bridges Theater. Transforming Hollywood: The Future of Television — co-hosted by UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television, USC Annenberg School of Communication & Journalism and USC School of Cinematic Arts — will focus on creators and programmers reinventing TV for the digital future, the re-imagination of television consumption and indie television. Panelists at the newly renamed conference will include Joe Lewis, Head of Original Programming at Amazon Studios; Vicky L. Free, CMO at BET Networks; Ivan Askwith, Lead Strategist for the Veronica Mars Kickstarter campaign; Machinima chief Allen DeBevoise; and Belisa Balaban, SVP Alternative and Live Programming at Pivot; among others. Conference organizers said they decided to change the event’s name this year to reflect the big changes taking place in the American TV industry for creators, distributors and audiences.
Newly Renamed Transforming Hollywood Conference Set For April 4 At UCLA
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Massachusetts Senator Urges Verizon, Cox To Resolve Local Fox Blackout
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'