The fifth edition of the annual event formerly known as Transmedia Hollywood will play out April 4 at UCLA’s James Bridges Theater. Transforming Hollywood: The Future of Television — co-hosted by UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television, USC Annenberg School of Communication & Journalism and USC School of Cinematic Arts — will focus on creators and programmers reinventing TV for the digital future, the re-imagination of television consumption and indie television. Panelists at the newly renamed conference will include Joe Lewis, Head of Original Programming at Amazon Studios; Vicky L. Free, CMO at BET Networks; Ivan Askwith, Lead Strategist for the Veronica Mars Kickstarter campaign; Machinima chief Allen DeBevoise; and Belisa Balaban, SVP Alternative and Live Programming at Pivot; among others. Conference organizers said they decided to change the event’s name this year to reflect the big changes taking place in the American TV industry for creators, distributors and audiences.
Newly Renamed Transforming Hollywood Conference Set For April 4 At UCLA
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE